| What is an ISO 22301:2012 BCMS
ISO 22301:2012, Societal security – Business continuity management systems – Requirements,
will help organizations, regardless of their size, location or activity, to be better prepared and more confident to handle disruption of any type.
Incidents can disrupt an organization at any time and applying ISO 22301 will ensure that organizations can respond and continue its operations. Incidents take many forms ranging from large scale natural disasters and acts of terror to technology-related accidents and environmental incidents. However, most incidents are small but can have a significant impact and that makes business continuity management relevant at all times.
This has led to a global awareness that organizations in the public and private sectors must know how to prepare for and respond to unexpected and disruptive incidents.
ISO 22301 provides a framework to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and continually improve a business continuity management system (BCMS). It is expected to help organizations protect against, prepare for, respond to, and recover when disruptive incidents arise.
What are the key benefits of ISO 22301:
- - Safeguard key assets and maintain your reputation
- - Identify impacts of operational disruption and crucial improvements
- - Encourage cross-team collaboration
- - Reap cost benefits from reduced insurance premiums
- - Demonstrate commitment to key stakeholders
- - Gain a competitive advantage against competitors in case of a major industrial crisis
- - Keep your promises, even when facing a crisis, and maintain delivery of products or services